Appetizer / Side Dish
Bruschetta with Mozzarella is one of the best simple appetizers ever. Great for summer entertaining and party finger food.
• 1 cup (about 4 ounces) fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
• 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
• 3 tablespoons Gaia Oliva EVOO
• 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
• ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
• salt and pepper to taste
• Artisanal bread (ciabatta or sourdough), sliced into 8 half-inch thick pieces
• 2 tablespoons Gaia Oliva EVOO
• 1 garlic clove
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the bread slices on a baking sheet. Drizzle with Gaia Oliva EVOO on both sides. Toast the bread in the oven for 4-5 minutes. Then flip it over to the other side and continue toasting for 5 minutes until the bread is golden, crispy and lightly charred. Rub the bread with some fresh garlic.
• In a large bowl, mix together the tomatoes, mozzarella, 3 tablespoons Gaia Oliva EVOO, a pinch of salt and pepper, chopped garlic and fresh basil. Let everything marinate for 5 minutes.
• Spoon a teaspoon of the mixture onto top of each toasted bread slice. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, garnish with basil before serving.